sabato 20 gennaio 2018

Play Bach.

I was looking for a bit of a challenge yesterday. I actually faced two challenges.
The first thing I did was to walk over Nuova Lazio hill, but you can read about that on Richard's Bass Bag.*
The other thing I did was to restart looking at the praeludium from Bach's first cello suite.

first page

This piece sits well on the violoncello, as does the transposed version on the violin. It is a little bugger to play on the double bass for two reasons:
  • It doesn't sit so well on an instrument tuned in 4ths and
  • You have to play it up an octave to get into the cello range.
I think that this is probably the hardest piece I've tried to play. I learnt another movement from this suite but, in the back of my mind, I knew that the real challenge was the praeludium. There are two passages that I simply don't know how to play. They seem to require a super human left hand. I've decided to crack this nut.
It won't be easy, that's for damn sure.










* the original bass bagging site

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento