|All that glitters is not gold.|
So what happens at Christmas?
- People give each other presents.
- People get pissed.
- Robert goes to church.
- People put little figures in mangers.
- People often eat English style food.
- People sing carols.
- Uncle Steve comes to stay.
- People get time off work.
- A lot of people get new socks, underpants and handkerchiefs.
- A lot of bathrooms have a new addition - soap on a rope.
I think that's about it. I guess there are also a lot of lonely people.
There are people in hospital and mental wards, so it's not all just one big fun time.
Some people drink too much and have fights.
Okay, I think I've covered Christmas.
Then there's New Year - a very similar event but no one famous gets to have a birthday. Though maybe there are famous people out there who were born on New Year's Day?
Miles Davis born Jan 1st 1928?
Bob Hope born Jan 1st 1905?
|Liza Minnelli born Jan 1st 1945?|
In fact, I'm sure there is a rather long list of famous people born on Jan 1st.
Anyway, that's it from me for today.
Just not Angry Jesus though.